Corona-virus Precautions Update
Wednesday, March 18th, 2020
Jacob’s Well Family,
Given the new safety restrictions taken by our governing authorities, to not gather in groups of 10 or more, we have made the following changes.
- Until further notice, we will not be holding Sunday morning public worship services at Jacob’s Well Church.
- While it is not the same as Corporate Worship, a Sunday Morning Service will be available for you virtually early Sunday mornings. This virtual service will look similar to our typical Sunday liturgy, but now you can sing even louder, because only God and your family will be listening. We will send out another e-mail with the link to these services.
- We are cancelling all “in person” small groups until further notice.
- Fellowship during this time is extremely important.
- If your small group would like to meet virtually via Zoom the church will have several zoom accounts that we can share with your group. Zoom is an online video conferencing platform that many at the church, and in the business world, are using for web based group meetings. If your group would like to schedule a Zoom small group meeting, please contact Angie Tolfa. Admin@JacobsWellGB.org
- We want to encourage you to check in with others in your small group. Your fellowship (via phone, video or in person) might be even more valuable in this time when many are isolated.
- You can still financially give to Jacob’s Well through the following means.
- Create a direct deposit from your account into the Jacob’s Well account. Please contact Mark Kaiser before initiating the direct deposit. He will provide you with the church’s transit and account number.
- Create a recurring payment in your online banking account. The check can be sent to the Jacob’s Well address (3340 Lineville Rd. Green Bay, WI 54313). Most banks normally do not charge for this service and you even save the cost of a stamp.
- Mail a check into the church: 3340 Lineville Road, Green Bay WI 54313
- If you need assistance with any of these options please do not hesitate to contact Mark Kaiser at MKaiser@lmc-corp.com or 920-713-4160
- If you would like to receive virtual counseling during this time, please feel free to contact our Director of Counseling and Care, Spencer Thomas at Spencer@JacobsWellGB.org
- In Matthew 5:14-16, Jesus says to God’s People (14) “You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. (15) Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. (16) In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.
- Jesus does not call us to be the light of the world, Jesus says that we already are the light of the world. So let us shine the love of Jesus brightly in this time by loving our neighbors. This may mean going shopping for a neighbor who is medically vulnerable, it may mean calling someone who is lonely, it may even mean sharing the good news about Jesus (from more than 6 feet away of course 😊). This time of “slowness” and “unsettledness” creates special opportunities to show the love of Christ in ways that are difficult in our typically hectic lives.
Grace and Peace to you from God our Father and our Lord Jesus Christ,
The Jacob’s Well Elders
(Check Back Every Few Days for Updates)
Jacob’s Well Family,
As many of you are aware, the world is taking precautions to stop the spread of the Coronavirus. As Christians, we believe that we are not to give in to a spirit of fear and anxiety, but rather to be wise and prudent and trust in the Lord.
Philippains 4:5-7 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand;
(6) do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. (7) And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
John 14:27 – Jesus says, “ Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you.
Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.
With these words of comfort in mind, and our desire to protect the flock of Jacob’s Well and our desire to seek the welfare of the community God has placed us in, we are making many changes immediately.
Sunday Morning Worship Services: Services will continue as scheduled with the following changes, precautions and encouragements.
- Please do not come if you or your family is sick. (Symptoms may include green or yellow mucus, fever, cough, shortness of breath, etc.)
- Please do not come if in the past two weeks, you have traveled to an area with a high concentration of the Coronavirus.
- We will not be having communion this Sunday (3/15/2020)
- On following Sundays we will be using prefilled communion cups that contain both the bread and juice. To see a picture Click Here. Prior to the service, these will be placed in the communion cup holders by people wearing disposable gloves. Unfortunately, these wafers are not gluten free.
- Coffee & Snacks: No coffee or snacks will be served, please feel free to bring your own.
- Bulletins: We will either have the bulletins laid out on a table for you to grab, or the people folding and distributing the bulletins will have disposable gloves on.
- Children’s Sunday School: These classes will continue as normal, but without any snacks. Again, if anyone in your family is showing signs of sickness, please stay home.
- Fellowship Time: Please greet one another with words, but please do not shake hands.
- Hand Cleaning: Please wash your hands frequently. We will also have more hand sanitizer bottles placed throughout the church. Please also feel free to bring your own hand sanitizer.
- Streaming Worship Services: We are looking into streaming our services on line. Especially if there are mandates limiting the size of public gatherings. More information coming.
Small Groups Studies & Counseling will continue as scheduled unless otherwise notified. The Small Groups include community groups, men’s Bible studies, women’s Bible studies, Divorce Care and Triads. Again, if you or someone in your home is sick, please do not attend these groups.
Other Church Events: All other church events will be canceled until Thursday, April 9th. The week prior to April 9th the elders will re-evaluate the situation and make a decision on future church events.
These cancelled events include, but are not limited to.
- Youth Group and Youth Group Events
- AWANA and AWANA Events
- Game Night this Friday
- But feel free to invite some non-sick friends over for a game night
- Oddfellows Nursing Home
- 10 Year Anniversary (will be re-scheduled)
- Easter Egg Hunt
We want to encourage you to read a very helpful article entitled, The FAQ's: Coronavirus Explained by an Infectious Disease Expert and Pastor. This article helps separate fact from fiction and encourages what actions to take and how we might respond as Christians. You can find this article at www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/what-we-know-coronavirus/
Finally, God often uses starling situations like this to shake people out of their spiritual slumber and remind them of their own mortality. May we, the Church, be a people of compassion and sacrificial love in this time. May we remember and share the good news that we have a God, who will one day conquer all sickness, disease and death. May we as the people of God, be light in a dark world, in a dark time as we hold out the wonderful hope of the Gospel.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact any of us directly.
Jacob’s Well Elders